Give people delegate permissions for a distribution group
If you are an Office 365 admin, you can give people delegate permissions to send email from, and also on behalf of a distribution group. Here's how:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help logging in?)
- Click the Admin tile.
- In the Office 365 admin center panel, click Groups.
- In the Groups panel, check the box next to the group you want to add delegates to.
- In the right panel, under Distribution list, click Edit Exchange properties.
- Click group delegation.
- Use the following to help you determine whether you want to assign Send As or Send on Behalf permissions:
|Send As||Send on Behalf|
|This allows a member of the group to send email as the distribution group address. To a recipient, the From line will display the group name only.||This allows a member of the group to send email on behalf of the group. To a recipient, the From line will display the sender "on behalf of" the group.|
To send as the distribution group, you need to show the From field in your email composer. To show the From field in Outlook, open a new email, click Options, and select From.