How to optimize tags
Search engines use specific tags to evaluate and rank sites. Optimizing your tags so they accurately reflect site content is an important SEO technique. You can use the Optimize Tags feature to create populated tags to incorporate into your site.
To Use Search Engine Visibility to Optimize Tags
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Search Engine Visibility V1.
- Click Manage for the account you want to access.
- From the Optimize menu, select Optimize Tags.
- In the Title field, enter your title.
- In the Description field, enter your website description.
Note: Describe the contents of the page in a way that inspires the user to click through to your website. Include the top keywords for this page.
- Click Publish All Pages, and then select the way you want to update your site.
- Optional: From More Options, select one of the following:
- Download the tags as a .txt file — Download and manually update your website with optimized tags.
- Email tags to your webmaster — Sends the optimized tags to your webmaster to update your site.
Note: Your title tag should describe what the page is about and include the main keywords for the page. List the most important keywords first.