Install a WordPress plugin using FTP
Some premium or custom WordPress plugins may require you to install them through FTP. If you need assistance with this, one of our experts may be able to do it for you for a fee.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Navigate to the directory containing your WordPress site.
- Upload your plugin to the /wp-content/plugins directory.
- If your plugin is zipped, you will need to unzip it. (cPanel / Plesk / Web & Classic)
If you do not have a way to unzip the file on the server, you will have to unzip the file locally and then upload the unzipped directory of files.
- Your plugin should now display on the Plugins page within your WordPress Dashboard.
- Using Page Builder in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress
- Install, activate, or update a plugin in WordPress
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.