Microsoft 365 email account limitations
You might encounter an error when working with Microsoft 365 because of email limits. For example, if you try to send an email to more than 500 people, you'll get an error because you've exceeded the maximum number of email recipients.
Note: These limitations only apply to Microsoft 365. If you have Workspace Email, see this article instead.
For your reference, here are the limitations that apply to Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy email accounts:
- Message Size — 25 MB per message, includes message header, body, and attachments
- Message Subject Length — 255 characters
- Message Rate (Outgoing) — 30 messages per minute, 10,000 messages per 24 hours
- Message Rate (Incoming) — 3600 per hour
- Recipients — 500 recipients per message
- Shared Contacts — 1000 shared contacts
- Attachment Size — 125 attachments per message, not exceeding the 25 MB message size limit
Note: Outlook on the web has a maximum individual file attachment size of 10 MB.
- ActiveSync Devices — 10 devices per mailbox
- Password — 8 characters minimum with at least 3 of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols
- Users created in the Email & Office Dashboard must have 9 characters minimum and 32 characters maximum.
- Distribution Group Members — 100,000 members
- Aliases — Approximately 300 email aliases
- This number may vary since it's based on the length of email addresses used for aliases.
- Messages per mailbox folder — 1 million messages
- Messages per folder in the Recoverable Items folder — 3 million messages
- Subfolders per mailbox folder — 1,000 folders
- Folder hierarchy depth — 300 levels
- Public folders — 100,000 folders
- Folders per public folder — 1,000 folders
- Rules — 300 rules
- Learn more about email plan limitations from Microsoft.
- SharePoint and OneDrive limitations