Move my WordPress site automatically
Managed WordPress comes with an auto-migration feature to conveniently move your existing site.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, in the Managed WordPress section, select Manage All.
- Next to Managed WordPress, select + Create Site.
Note: If you see You don't have any available sites, select Buy New Plan to purchase an additional plan, or select Cancel to return to your list of WordPress websites.
- From the list of Your existing plans, select the Managed WordPress plan you want to use for the site you're moving, and then select Next.
Note: If you have only one site available, we'll automatically select that plan for you and you won't see a list of your plans. Continue with the next step.
- Select Migrate an existing WordPress site.
- Fill out the remaining fields to get your site migrated.
- Which site would you like to migrate? - Domain name of the site you're migrating.
- WordPress Username and WordPress Password - Admin username.
- Once the migrating site has been reached successfully and the admin credentials provided are correct, select Continue.
- Select the appropriate Data Center for your region.
- Select Start Migrating.
- It may take a while before the migration is completed, larger and more complex sites could take more time. We'll send an email when we're finished migrating your site.
- You may need to update any permalinks in the site.