Move my WordPress site to a different directory in Web & Classic Hosting
What if you installed WordPress® in the wrong directory? Don't worry — it happens all the time. If you installed it through your hosting account's control panel, follow these steps to move WordPress to the correct location.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Stats & Usage column, click Applications.
- Under My Applications, click Manage.
- Under the WordPress account you want to manage, click Actions, and then select Move.
- To move WordPress to the root of your domain, select Use root of my domain (suggested). Otherwise, click Custom directory and enter a destination folder for your site.
Note: This root directory of your hosting account is just a fancy way of saying "the directory visitors see when they go to your main domain name."
If you have issues with your site's permalinks after completing these steps, see .
If you want to move your WordPress site to a different hosting account, see Moving Large WordPress Sites to GoDaddy.