Outlook Setup Assistant (Windows): Set up email automatically
We've created an Outlook Setup Assistant tool to set up your email in Outlook, automatically. This creates a new Outlook profile with your Office 365 address, and makes it the default. If you already had a profile, it is still available, and you can manage your profiles in Outlook.
If you are moving from a POP Email Service, you and your users are REQUIRED to download and install the Outlook Setup Assistant to setup your accounts. The Assistant will copy over your client configurations and prepare each desktop with the existing settings.
Note: The Outlook Assistant tool will only work on Windows, and Outlook 2010 or later.
- Download the Outlook Setup Assistant tool.
- Open the downloaded file, called Outlook_Setup_Assistant_installation.exe and click Run.
- Click Install.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and password, and click Next.
- Enter your same Office 365 login credentials in the dialog box that appears, and click OK.
Note: Outlook may open in the background; please wait on the Outlook Setup Assistant window until you see the Success!... screen.
- Check the box that says Automatically remove the Outlook Setup app on close (uninstall), and click Close.
- On the Installation window in the background, click Close.
Your Outlook should be all set and ready to use. Try to send a test email, just to be sure everything is working!
- If the automatic setup didn't work, please try to manually configure Outlook.