Remove the background from an image
Sometimes you find an image you love, but you don’t want the background. Using GoDaddy Studio, you can remove the background from any image in a few quick moves.
Note: GoDaddy Studio PRO gives you unlimited background removals, while all customers get 3 free background removals, no matter which plan they’re on.
The web version of GoDaddy Studio is available only on a desktop or laptop. If you’re using a smaller device, you’ll be prompted to use the GoDaddy Studio app.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open your GoDaddy Studio app.
- At the bottom of the screen, select + to create a new project.
- Under Backgrounds, tap Image.
- Find an image you want to use and select it.
- Choose a size for the image.
- Tap the check mark at the top right of the screen.
- Tap the image, then tap Edit in the banner.
- Tap Remove, then tap Remove image background.
If you don’t see the Remove option at the bottom of the screen, make sure you're working with an image. Also, check that you have the latest version of the app installed.
Your screen may look slightly different depending on your device.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Studio account.
- At the top right of the screen, select New project, then select Image.
- Find an image on your computer or choose one from our stock libraries.
- Make sure the image is selected. In the right menu, select Remove.
- Select Remove background.
Note: This feature works best with images where the foreground is distinct from the background. But, if you need to tidy it up even more, you can use the mask tool.