Request code or driver signing certificates
After you've purchased a code or driver signing certificate, the first step is to request the certificate.
Before you request the certificate
Code and driver signing certificates require you to create a certificate signing request (CSR) from your local computer — not the computer where you will host the file. Because of that, generating a CSR differs from processes for requesting a typical SSL. How you do it depends on what you're securing:
|Type of Code||Visit...|
|Java||Java Code Signing: Generate a CSR|
(EXE, DLL, etc.)
|Windows: Generate CSR for code or driver signing certificate|
Be sure to request the certificate using the computer and the account (typically Administrator) you will use to sign the code. Requesting the certificate creates a private key on the computer that you must associate with the code signing certificate when you install it.
Activate your credit
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Select SSL Certificates.
- Next to the SSL certificate credit you want to use, select Set up.
- If you have multiple credits, select the credit you want to use, and then select Set up.
- Refresh the page; you should see a New Certificate. If you don't, continue to refresh the page until you do.
Request your certificate
- Next to your New Certificate, select Manage.
- Paste the CSR you generate in the CSR field, and then select Next.
- Enter your organization's information - which has to match the information you used when creating your CSR - and then select Finish.