Reset your primary FTP password in cPanel
Your FTP password (which is also your cPanel password) lets you upload files to your cPanel hosting account through an FTP client. If you forgot your FTP password, or want to change it from the default, here's how to reset it.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the account Dashboard, under Settings, next to your Password click Change.
- Enter a new Password, confirm it, and then click Change Password.
- To change passwords for your non-primary FTP users, see Edit FTP users in cPanel hosting.
- You can now log directly in to cPanel by navigating to http://coolexample.com/cpanel, where coolexample.com is your primary domain. You'll need your cPanel login and new password.
- You can use an FTP client - such as FileZilla - to connect to your hosting account with this username and password.