Run a discounts report
A discounts report shows you the amount and number of discounts applied to transactions through GoDaddy Payments during the reporting period. You can generate a discounts report through the Dashboard in your web browser or on your Poynt Smart Terminal.
Discounts reports include a summary of each type of discount, a daily total for all discounts, and a breakdown of each order or transaction in which a discount was applied, including the transaction ID, tax type and order status.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your GoDaddy Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Reports.
- If prompted, select Discounts Report under Payments.
- In the Type dropdown menu, select Discounts report.
- In the To and From fields, specify the date range for the report.
- Select Generate to pull your report. (This can take a few minutes.)
- You'll receive an email notification when the report is ready. Select the link in the email to return to Reports. The report will appear below your filter selections.
- Select the report to review a summary and breakdown of transactions during the selected time period. You can also adjust the report format, depending on how you want to use the data:
- To download the report in Excel, select Excel. You can filter the report data in Excel by different variables (for example, grouped by transaction ID).
- To download the report in PDF format, select PDF (if available).
- Use the filters above the report list to locate a previously generated report based on the report type, employee who ran the report and/or the date the report was generated.
- From your Smart Terminal home screen, tap Settlements or Deposit.
- Tap Reports in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Generate Report.
- In the Type dropdown menu, tap Discounts.
- In the Start date and End date fields, specify the date range for the report.
- In the Employee field, tap a specific employee. Or – leave the field as All employees to run a complete report of every transaction in that date range.
- Tap Generate to pull your report.
- When the report is ready, it will appear on your Smart Terminal screen. Tap View to open and review it.
Note: Reports created on the Smart Terminal will also display in your web browser Dashboard under Reports. Access them in your web browser to download a PDF or Excel version of the report.
The discounts report includes an overall summary of the type and total dollar amount of applied discounts at the top, followed by an order breakdown. The breakdown includes the transaction and order ID, name of the applied discount, total order amount, discount amount and order status for each order.
When the report is exported to Excel, each section displays as a tab in the Excel sheet.
Check out the example report below to get an idea of the type of info that's included.
- Location: The POS devices and locations included in the report.
- Timeframe: The report timeframe and the date the report was generated.
- Summary: The net total amount of discount and transaction amounts for this timeframe, broken down by the discount types used.
- Discount Details: Breakdown of each individual transaction. This section includes the discount type, amount applied to each order, the order total including price adjustments, and the order status (Paid or Pending).