Set mail destination for my HostGator domain
To finish setting up Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy on a domain at HostGator, you need to add and change DNS records to point your domain name’s email to Microsoft 365.
The values you need for each new record are provided on your Microsoft 365 Set Mail Destination page after you verify your domain ownership.
- Sign in to your HostGator cPanel.
- Scroll to the Domains section.
- Select Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- TXT Record: Select TXT from the menu and enter the information we showed in your Microsoft 365 account. Select Add Record.
- CNAME records: Select CNAME from the menu and enter the info we show in your Microsoft 365 account. Select Add Record.
- Go back to your cPanel.
- Scroll to the Mail section.
- Select MX Entry.
- MX Record: In the Change MX Entry section, select your domain and enter the info we show in your Microsoft 365 account. Select Change.
Contact HostGator customer support at 1 (866) 964-2867 if you need additional help.
Note: You won't be able to enter your SRV records at HostGator, which means you won't be able to access Teams on your device. However, you can still access Teams with Outlook on the web.
- Have GoDaddy check your new DNS settings by signing in to your account and selecting I updated these settings. Check, please! You'll get an email when your Microsoft 365 address is ready to go.
- Then, set up your email on your devices.
- If you have existing mail destination records on your domain, you'll need to remove the old records before your Microsoft 365 email will work.
- Set mail destination for my domain at another company