Setup PHP error logging
When troubleshooting PHP errors, you will want to review your PHP logs. If you don't have PHP logs to review, use the following process to set up logging:
- You should always backup your site before making any changes to your site.
- Locate your PHP initialization file.
- Edit the file. (cPanel / Plesk / Managed WordPress / VPS)
- Place the following line in your initialization file:
error_log = /path/to/your/webroot/php_error.log
- Create the a file named php_error.log in the in the webroot of your hosting.
- Restart your PHP processes.(
cPanel / Plesk).