Transfer my domain away from GoDaddy
You can transfer your domain away from GoDaddy and to another registrar at any time. Follow our transfer checklist below and we'll automatically prepare your domain for a transfer away.
You can also manually prepare for a transfer away by completing a few actions.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the specific domain you'll be transferring.
- Select Transfer to Another Registrar under Transfer. If your domain isn't eligible, we'll show you a message with those details.
- Review the transfer checklist details for additional info.
- Select Continue with transfer.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
- (Optional) Select Click here to see Authorization Code, and then select Copy to Clipboard to copy your authorization code. We'll also send an email with your auth code to the administrative email address on your domain name.
- You can also get auth codes for multiple domains by exporting your domain info.
- Select My Domains to go back to your list of domains.
Don't forget to unlock your domain before continuing the process with your new registrar.
- Transfers typically take 5-7 days to complete, but you can help the process by approving the transfer.
- Once the transfer has started, you can check the status any time.