Transferring Away from Network Solutions
You can transfer your domain from Network Solutions to GoDaddy. You'll need to prepare your domain name at Network Solutions before completing the steps with GoDaddy. before you transfer, you can add DNS Hosting to your domain name and help avoid potential downtime of your DNS and website during transfer.
Prepare for transfer
To prepare your domain name for transfer, you will need to complete a few steps with Network Solutions.
- Unlock the domain name with Network Solutions.
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from Network Solutions.
- Verify contact information on your domain name. The administrator's contact information may be used by Network Solutions during the transfer process.
Initiate the transfer
Once you've prepared your domain name, you can finish the process through GoDaddy.
- Search for the domain you want to transfer on the GoDaddy website.
Note: Domains are not eligible for transfer to another registrar if they are within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a customer opted-in to apply a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant.
- Confirm the domain is unlocked. You'll see a green check mark next to Unlock the domain. If this section is not green, you will need to verify with Network Solutions that your domain is unlocked.
Note: You can refresh the unlock status by selecting the Refresh Status button.
- Enter your authorization code in the second field. If the authorization code entered is valid, you will get a green checkmark.
- Click Continue.
- Select your domain privacy options, and click Continue.
- Choose your payment method, and click Complete Purchase to finish checkout.
Note: Domain transfers can take 5 to 7 days to complete.
- Check the status of your domain name transfer.
- Transfer stuck or giving errors? Check out our troubleshooting tips.