Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Samsung Email (Android)
To get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, your account should be configured as Exchange.
- Open your Android's Email app.
- Tap Menu, then Settings.
- If you're ready to remove your POP/IMAP account, tap your email address, Remove, and then Remove to confirm.
- To add your Exchange account, still in Settings, tap Add account.
- Tap Office365.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address, and then tap Next.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email and password, and tap Sign In. You might need to choose your account type as Work or School, not Personal, to continue.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- If Microsoft can't find your account, you'll be asked to enter your details manually:
- Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
- Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- Domain\username: \[Microsoft 365 email address] (example: \email@example.com)
- If you are an admin, stap the checkbox next to Consent on behalf of your organization so your other users don't see this prompt.
Your email is now set up as an Exchange account!
- If Microsoft couldn’t find your account, and you were asked to enter your details manually make sure the Autodiscover CNAME record is in your DNS settings. If it's not, add a CNAME record with autodiscover for the Name and autodiscover.outlook.com for the Value.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.