Use my domain with a new Office 365 account
When you set up Office 365 from GoDaddy on a domain that uses Workspace email, you have to switch over service from your Workspace email account. If you're looking to switch plans, you can purchase Office 365 from GoDaddy here.
Create your email account
- Log in to your Office 365 account.
- Enter your Email address and Password, and click Sign In.
- Click Email & Office.
- Click Manage next to the plan you want to use.
- Select the domain you want to set up email for, and click Continue.
- If there is already an email account set up for this domain, you will receive an Existing Email notice. Click Continue to set up a new Office 365 email account and switch your old account to the new account.
- Complete the Create New Email Account form.
To share contacts and files with another domain, both domains must have an Office 365 account.
- Click Create.
- You'll get a message that your password is being updated. Click Continue.
It will take a few minutes for your account to get set up.
Switch your domain's email service
Next, you'll need to activate your account and switch plans.
- Look for an email from GoDaddy inviting you to Please activate your Office 365 account. Click the Get Started button.
- On the Email & Productivity dashboard, you'll see a yellow banner informing you that your new email account can't receive mail yet. Click Let's fix this.
- On the Ready to Switch? page, click Yes, Switch Now.
Confirm that you want to switch now.
It can take up to 48 hours to switch over your email. You'll continue to receive email at your Workspace email until the switch is complete.
- If you have trouble with Outlook after these steps, try these steps for clearing the Windows Credential Manager.