Verify my certificate request (Extended Validation)
After you request an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, follow these steps:
- Prove you control the domain name(s)
- Verify your company is eligible for extended registration
Prove you control the domain
If your SSL cerificate is in the same GoDaddy account as the domains listed on the request, you don’t need to prove that you control the domain - we do that for you. If your SSL certificate is in a different account than the domain(s) on the request, choose one of these methods to prove you control the domain(s):
- We’ll send a verification link to a list of email addresses on the domain(s). The email address must be one of the following: admin@, administrator@, hostmaster@, postmaster@, or webmaster@. If you don’t have one of these set up already, create one and we’ll send you that link within 24 hours. Clicking the link proves you have domain control.
- If your SSL certificate is not in the same account as your domain(s) and you cannot set up an email address on the domain(s), you need to verify you control the domain name(s) via HTML. For information on that process, see Verify domain ownership (HTML or DNS) for my SSL certificate .
Verify your eligibility for extended registration
A member of our verification team will contact you for documentation required to issue your certificate. Documentation requests may include:
- Business license
- "Doing Business As" (DBA) documentation
- Fictitious-name documentation
- Articles of Incorporation
- Certificate request signed by certificate requestor and certificate approver
- Signed contact agreement for all initial requests and changes to authorized signer
- Notarized personal statement attestation (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Notarized face-to-face attestation statement (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Notarized copy of the photo ID used for identity validation (for non-LLC or Inc. businesses)
- Verified legal opinion or certified public accountant letter, depending on results from other validation methods
How long does the process take?
The entire process of verifying your business registration can take a few weeks.
If you're looking for help understanding how to complete the domain control options or what documentation is needed, contact customer support.
After we verify you have control of the domain name(s) and the extended verification is complete, we'll issue your SSL certificate. Your next step depends on where you're using the certificate:
|Primary domain name on a GoDaddy product||We'll finish the SSL installation for you as long as the SSL is on the primary domain of the hosting product. You may need to redirect your site traffic from HTTP to HTTPS.|
|Secondary/Addon domain name on a cPanel hosting account||Download your SSL certificate and manually install the certificate on your cPanel account|
|VPS, Dedicated Servers, and other hosting providers||Download my SSL certificate files|
- Find out how to install your SSL certificate after it's issued.
- Learn how having a secure website can help build rapport with your clients