What is my website's root directory in my Linux Hosting account?
The root directory of your website holds the content that loads when visitors type your domain name in a browser. For example, you need to put your index file in your website's root directory for visitors to see your site. Website-related applications might also need to know your website's root directory.
For your primary domain name, your website's root directory is
For addon domain and subdomain names, follow these steps to find the root directory:
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Domains section, click either Subdomains or Addon Domains.
- In the Modify Addon Domain or Modify a Subdomain section, the root directory appears below Document Root.